The Bevin Court Tenants’ & Residents’ Association (TRA) was formed on 24 June 2015.
A TRA is formed by a group of residents living on an estate who come together to form an organisation to make their area a better place to live.
A TRA is open to both leaseholders & rental tenants.
A TRA gives residents more say in how their estate is run and allows them to work with Islington Housing Services to find solutions to problems affecting their area.
A TRA acts collectively to:
- Represent the interests of local residents and liaise with the council
- Campaign to improve housing services
- Act as a consultative body and provide community facilities.
Forming a TRA enables residents to:
- Bid for Council funding via the Environmental Improvement Budget and Estate Security Budget
- Make their views known to Islington housing services.
- Build a sense of community, helping neighbours to get to know each other.
- Recommend how the council spends money in their local area.
TRAs usually have at least four general meetings in a year, open to all members to speak and vote.
We will publicise all meetings at least two weeks in advance and all are welcome If you would like further information please contact BevinCourtTRA@gmail.com .
Make your voice heard. Make Bevin Court a better place.
Find out more about TRAs on Islington’s website